Everyone knows that Abetone is the ski capital of Tuscany during winter, and 2016 will surprise you with many activities and things to do. For those who still haven’t seen with their eyes this snow paradise on Earth, we can tell you that Abetone has 60 km of ski runs served by 21 modern systems of lifts. The four valleys – Val di Luce, Valle dello Scoltenna, Valle del Sestaione and Val di Lima – are the perfect set for snow and sport lovers at high altitude. Abetone is perfect for families because there are simple slopes for children and more challenging one for the experienced skiers. Here are the top 5things you can do in Abetone (Pistoia Mountains) this winter. For more ideas have a look at this post: "How to spend a perfect weekend in the Pistoia Mountains"
1. See the Christmas trees along the slopesStarting from December 19, Abetone has lightened many Christmas trees along the slopes of the mountains for a fantastic show of light. You can enjoy them along the slopes, from the squares of the village and also from the large windows of hotels and restaurants in the centre of Abetone.
2. Special discounts for families thanks to “Abetone family pass”Abetone welcomes families with special discounts to let them appreciate even more the snow and the mountain. In the weeks of January 11/17, 18/24 and March 14/20 the children accompanied by a parent will have a free ski pass and a free 3rd and 4th bed in the hotels. Check out this website.
3. Abetone super promoThere are many discounts for those who decide to ski at Abetone: every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, for the whole season, the price for the pass is 28€. There is also the promotion 4x5 that allows you to have a free ski pass after having bought 4 during the season regardless of the type of ski pass, valid both on weekdays and holidays. For many other promotions check out this website (ITA only): www.abetonemultipass.it
4. New Year at AbetoneHave you ever thought about a New Year's Eve in the mountains with snow, sports and entertainment? In the days around the New Year you can make a full immersion of appointments as aperitifs at the top of the mountain, a fun New Year's dinner with entertainment, night slopes and long nights at the disco. The calendar is constantly updated and other initiatives will be announced on the Facebook page We Love Abetone. If you are not able to stay at Abetone at New Year don’t worry! All these events will go on during the winter.
5. Pinocchio Trophy“Pinocchio sugli sci” (translation: Pinocchio on ski) is a slalom and giant slalom competition for kids, teens and students aged seven to fourteen. In its third edition, the “Pinocchio on ski” made a quality leap becoming an international competition registered in the official calendar of the International Ski Federation. This year's final races will be held in Abetone on April 2-9, 2016, for a week of great skiing where all fans can also visit the Village of Pinocchio. Also other ski competitions are organized in Abetone along the winter. More info (ITA only): http://www.pinocchiosci.com/
5+1 Snowcross, snowshoeing, snowrun and alpine skiingOn January 30 Snowcross competition is back, consisting in the most freezing motocross race of the year! In February, the main event is the snowshoe day, both a competition and a fun recreational walk through the forest of Pian di Novello. On January 23 two events will take place: the Snowrun, a running race on snow, and Skivolando, for fans of alpine ski. Info in Italian.
You might also be interested in