A great masterpiece of the Renaissance returns, after almost two hundred years, from the Uffizi to the monastery that had guarded it for centuries: the Bosco ai Frati Convent (San Piero).
The Triptych depicting the Stories of Lazarus, Martha and Mary by the 15th-century French painter Nicolas Froment is an altarpiece dated 1461 and signed on the panels by the artist, whose activity is documented between northern France and Provence from 1461 to 1483.
The painting, in the possession of the Medici family, was donated to the Franciscan friars of Bosco ai Frati, where it remained until the suppression of the convent in Napoleonic times. In 1841, it arrived at the Uffizi Gallery of Statues and Paintings.
From June 1 to November 6 it will be visible in the convent every day, including holidays.
Opening hours 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.