Walking in the hills of Florence and Fiesole to Compiobbi
Hiking experience to discover hidden places that have inspired poets and travellers
We propose a unique and unforgettable itinerary through the hills of Florence and Fiesole. We will rediscover the ancient craft of the stonemasonry and walk along paths full of stories from the past, once travelled by the Etruscans and the ancient people who lived in our plains.
For one day we will have Florence at our feet. The Cathedral and its wonders will be at our side as we walk along the paths of our ancestors.
We will start from the central square of Fiesole and follow ancient mountain roads to reach Compiobbi, an old port along the Arno river. About 10 km, with only a few technical sections, make the walk very easy for most of the path.
The effort will be rewarded with wonderful views over the Florentine plain, which we can admire while sipping good wine. Once in Compiobbi we will take the train back to Florence.
On request we can also organise a shorter version of the itinerary with arrival in Settignano. For more information please contact us.
- Expert environmental guide
- Wine tasting while admiring the view over Florence
- Experience of slow and sustainable tourism to discover the history of the territory and unique places
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Prices Include"
WHAT TO BRING
- trekking shoes
- water 1lt
- long pants
- trekking poles if used regularly
- backpack with sandwich and fruit
- layered clothing depending on the season
- sun cream and hat (depending on the season)
The route is not suitable for people with back problems or serious medical conditions. Not suitable for pregnant women. It is not recommended for people with walking difficulties or who suffer from vertigo.
and no-show policies
Refund up to 48 hours before departure - 50% refund after 48 hours - No refund if no show or delay