Walk and beer in Ghizzano
Guided tour of the famous colorful village with a stop at Poggio Rosso Brewery
With this offer, we walk the panoramic hiking loop around the colorful village of Ghizzano, a small town in Valdera formerly owned by the diocese of Volterra and now one of the most immortalized places in Tuscany thanks to its colorful facades that harmonize with the colors of the surrounding countryside.
We will admire the colorful Via di Mezzo painted by English artist David Tremlett and the distinctive contemporary art installations before heading toward the endless theory of hills that form the undulating countryside of this corner of Tuscany.
We will walk immersed in a context of high scenic value among the colors of the clays and the wide views of a countryside nestled between villages of undisputed charm such as Lajatico, Montecatini Val di Cecina and Volterra. A compelling route where the colors of nature blend with the green paintings of the village, at the end of the walk we will stop at the typical brewery "Poggio Rosso" for a finale with a snack of local craft beer and focaccia (not included in the price)!
The tour will take place on Sunday, October 29, starting at 09:00 am.
- Organization and assistance of legally licensed environmental hiking guide in accordance with L.04/2013 and L.R. 86/2016
- RCT policy
- Snack snack tasting at the brewery to be paid separately to the operator
- Anything not listed under "Prices include" section
- Distance: 15 kilometers
- Difficulty: E
- Height difference: 300 meters positive
- Start: 09:00
- Dogs allowed (communicate at the time of booking to verify that the maximum number recommended for the hike has been reached)
- What to bring: sack lunch, water 1 liter each, mandatory waterproof hiking shoes, long pants, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), hiking poles, beanie, backpack for daily load, charger
and no-show policies
- The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and/or alertness
- The tour will be conducted upon reaching a minimum of eight individual participants or private group