Meet a local shepherd and walk with his sheep and dogs to the pastures, see and taste cheese freshly produced according to the tradition. Activity is suitable for the whole family to spend a day out in the countryside. The best way for kids to learn directly from nature.
The tour usually takes place in a small village of the Apennines along the pilgrimage route Via Francigena of Tuscany.
During July and August it will take place at the beautiful Logarghena prairies in the Tuscan-Emilian Apennine National Park, where the shepherd comes with their herd in the summer months.
- Every Saturday from April to September with compulsory reservation (minimum 8 participants)
- The tour can also take place on request on other days of the week
- Meeting: 9:30 at the Tourist Information Office in Filattiera, Via Ponte Provinciale 64 (next to the Romanesque Church of Sorano)
- Duration: half-day (tour ends approx. 13:00)
- Difficulty: easy. Suitable for kids 5+
- Price: 20 euro