Trekking around Monte Gennaio
Weekend exploring one of the most magical areas of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines
Two days to circumnavigate the marvelous "Monte Gennaio" through the spectacular trails of the Great Apennine Hike, the magical Teso forest, the blooms of the Uccelliera, the Cancellino pass, the summit of Corno alle Scale, Scaffaiolo lake, and views of the Orsigna Valley are some of the aspects of this magnificent weekend.
- day 1: From the Teso forest to the Duca degli Abruzzi refuge
Length: 13 km
Difficulty: Hiking, easy ridges
Elevation gain: 850 meters positive - 300 meters negative
Departure from the Foresta del Teso through a beautiful forest path to the Maceglia Pass, a place of historical partisan memory. We will cross the forest line to take us over a beautiful flowery ridge with views of the Corno alle Scale to the Cancellino Pass. We will then climb the Strofinatoio to reach Punta Sofia or Cima del Corno admiring splendid views. In the afternoon, arrival at Lake Scaffaiolo and the "Duca degli Abruzzi" Refuge. Possible night or sunrise on Mount Cupolino to be decided on site depending on weather conditions.
- day 2: from Scaffaiolo lake to Monte Gennaio mountain
Length: 12 km
Difficulty Level: 300 meters positive - 850 meters negative
We will retrace a section of the outward journey to the Cancellino Pass to climb on a beautiful ridge trail to "Monte Gennaio" from the top of which we will admire wonderful views. We will continue on an easy ridge trail through a path that will take us to discover the magic of this area of the Apennines, its nature and its stories by crossing fascinating places such as Poggio delle Ignude, Passo della Nevaia, Poggio dei Malandrini, the smugglers' roads and Pedata del Diavolo. Stop at the beautiful panoramic terrace of "Il Montanaro" refuge, then return through the beautiful woods of the Teso Forest.
The tour will take place on Saturday, June 24 at 09:00 a.m. and will end on Sunday, June 25 at 5:00 p.m.
- Assistance of legally licensed environmental hiking guide under L.R. 86/2016 with liability policy
Anything not included under "Prices include" section
- Lenght: 25 kilometers
- Difficulty: hike
- Height difference: 850 meters positive
- Trail type: ring-route, historical and scenic interests
- What to bring: packed lunch, water 1 liter each, mandatory waterproof hiking or trail shoes, long pants, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way) backpack and battery charger.
and no-show policies
- The guide reserves the right to make changes to the hike to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the hike in case of bad weather and/or alertness
- The excursion will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 25