Sunset from the top of the Retaia mountain
A great classic of hiking in Prato and Tuscany in its "by night" edition
"Among the Tuscan hillocks below a thousand meters, none can give such a picturesque and grand view of mountains and valleys as the Retaia at 784 meters above sea level." Emilio Bertini.
We will admire the spectacular sunset from the top of the Retaia mountain for an experience not to be missed.
We will meet in the afternoon to follow one of the classic routes up from the Villa del Palco, through the village of Filettole. We will head towards the Chiesino di Cavagliano on a steep uphill, then through Poggio Pianerottolo and Poggio Camerella to the Pozza della Retaia.
The road becomes steeper, in just 30 minutes we will gain more than 300 meters of elevation but, with a moderate effort, we can enjoy a spectacular view in the last lights of the evening and we will be ready to admire the sunset from the Croce della Retaia.
We will enjoy a spectacular sunset as we consume our picnic dinner and a glass of prosecco offered by the guide!
Equipped with our headlamps or flashlights we will face the steep descent observing the starry mantle, returning from Casa Bastone.
- Assistance of legally licensed environmental hiking guide in accordance with L.04/2013 and L.R. 86/2016
- RCT policy
It does not cover damages from accidental injuries derived, by the sole non-exhaustive example: stumbles, slips or falls from overcoming obstacles. By registering, the participant must have read the program and the regulations, which form a single inseparable object implicitly acknowledges to be aware of them with express waiver of recourse. Also with the registration he/she implicitly declares that he/she is in good health and physically able to face the itinerary. The guide in any case declines responsibility for any adverse event or circumstance arising from the participant's state of health, unless previously declared in writing at the time of registration
Anything not mentioned in "Prices include"
- Lenght: 11,5 kilometers
- Difficulty: hike
- Dislivello: 700 meters positive
- Trail type: loop with summit climb
- Start: 4:00 p.m.
- The tour will be conducted upon reaching a minimum of four individual participants or private group, or upon request at the minimum quota of four people
- What to bring: packed lunch, water 1 liter each, mandatory waterproof hiking or trail shoes, long pants, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), cap, flashlight, backpack and battery charger
and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the hike in case of bad weather and/or alertness.