We will explore this particular area of Chianti to admire its views and walk along the ancient transhumance routes used by the shepherds of Casentino and Mugello, real "Vie Maremmane".
An excursion of enormous attractive and variety, where we will see ancient villages and cottages, typical of the Chianti area but also broadleaf forests and pre-mountain environments, mysterious written stones, historic shelters and forgotten garrisons guarding the territory.
A true discovery!
The highlights we will visit in this proposal:
In this proposal we will visit:
- The Pieve di Rubbiana, a thousand-year-old Romanesque building linked to the diocese of Fiesole
- Poggio di Firenze, the highest point of the hike
- Fonte Santa, ancient crossroads and precious ecological niche
- Sasso Scritto, border between Fiesole and Volterra
- The Palazzaccio of Marcignano, ancient ruined castle on the Maremmana way
- The viewpoint of Montemasso
The tour will take place on Sunday, October 23rd at 09:30 a.m.