Hiking to the Spelonca Hermitage and Moriglion di Penna
In search of the ancient Hermitage of the Spelonca in the scented Mediterranean forests of the Monti Pisani
Like modern Indiana Jones, we will go in search of the mysterious rock carvings on Mount Cotrozzi before climbing to the top of Moriglion di Penna from which there is a beautiful panorama.
We will reach the wooded path to the Hermitage of the Spelonca (Eremo della Spelonca), founded in the 12th century by the Black Hermits who sought in these places a silence and recollection as Apostles. We will descend the steps that will take us inside the Spelonca, an environment that will not fail to surprise us among stalactites, holes and tunnels. A nice scenic walk to Dante's Pass and the recipe for this excursion is served...!
The tour will take place on Sunday, September 24 at 9:30 a.m.
In this proposal we will get to visit:
- Mount Cotrozzi and the rock carvings
- The panorama from Moriglion di Penna
- The Hermitage of the Spelonca
- Dante's Pass
- Assistance of legally qualified environmental hiking guide in accordance with L. 04/2013 and L.R. 86/2016
- RCT policy: it does not cover casual accident damage derived only as a non-exhaustive example, trips, slips or falls from overcoming obstacles
Anything not mentioned under "Prices Include" section
- Lenght: 12 kilometers
- Difficulty: hiking
- Elevation gain: 650 meters positive
- Trail type: loop, scenic, geological, and historical interests
- Dogs allowed: yes, to be communicated at the time of booking to verify that the maximum number recommended for the hike is reached.
- What to bring: packed lunch, snacks, water 1,5 litter each, headlamp or flashlight, packed dinner, hiking or trail shoes mandatory, layered clothing (microfleece, windproof, shell or k-way), trekking poles (optional), backpack, phone battery charger
- The hike will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 25 people
and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and/or alerts