Florence's historic Castello streets
Excursion at sunset
Spectacular urban trekking in the historic district of Castello. We will walk among the elegant Medici Villas of Castello and Petraia, villa La Quiete alle Montalve, and the Tabernacle of Boldrone.
We will ascend the narrow, characteristic pedestrian streets above Santa Maria a Quarto to gain incredible twilight views from Villa la Topaia. We will reach the amazing panoramic terrace at the Castellina from where we will admire Florence in all the splendor of its thousand lights!
In this proposal:
- The Medici Villas
- The route at night
- The panoramic views of Castellina
The tour will take place on Thursday, July 15, departing at 9 pm.
- Length: 8 kilometers
- Difficulty: easy hiking
- Difference in altitude: 200 meters positive
- Trail type: double loop, historical, scenic interests between nature and culture
- Dogs allowed: yes, to be communicated at the time of booking to verify the achievement of the maximum number recommended for the hike
- What to bring: packed lunch, snacks, water 1 liter each, packed lunch, hiking or trail shoes mandatory, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), trekking poles (optional), backpack, battery charger
- The hike will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 25
- Organisation of the excursion
- Assistance of legally licensed environmental hiking guide under L.R. 86/2016 with liability policy
- Anything not included under "Prices include"
and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the hike to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the hike in case of bad weather and/or alertness.