Now do you not see that the eye embraces the beauty of the world?
What did Leonardo da Vinci see, what was he looking for in Fiesole when he stayed there from 1503 to 1508? Why didn't he choose to stay in Florence instead? Why did he love it so much that he invested all his savings there?
The link between Fiesole and Leonardo da Vinci is indisputable, he lived there and from Montececeri he dreamed that man could fly. But there were also other reasons that made him choose this city as his favorite place during his "Florentine years".
Some are simple curiosities, others are part of the multifaceted activity of the Genius. We will discover them along the way by interweaving his life with the history of Fiesole. Hypotheses, stories and even imagination will enrich this excursion "through the hills that are the sky above Florence".
- Hours to be agreed: morning, afternoon or sunset/night
- Walking time: about 2.5 hours
- Total ascent: about 250 meters
- Length of route: about 5 Km
- Technical and physical difficulty: easy
- Recommended clothing: trekking shoes (in case of rain we recommend to bring an umbrella)
- It is recommended to bring water and a snack
- Maximum 10 participants