Bike tour outside Lucca with lunch in a farm
A cycling tour to discover the villages of Gattaiola and Meati a few kilometers from the city of Lucca
Riding a modern e-bike or with your bike, we will go to the discovery these two small, but at the same time pretty, villages at the foot of the northern side of Monte Pisano.
A tour where you will not miss the opportunity to relax comfortably seated among the rows of a vineyard and taste the delicious wines, discovering the farm that for more than 120 years has transformed the products of the earth into wine exported all over the world.
We have the opportunity not only to discover the views and landscapes typical of the Piana Lucchese, with the Apennines and the Apuan Alps that close the view on the horizon, but also to visit the winery of the farm and walk among the rows following a guided and illustrated path to learn the technique and history that is hidden behind the viticulture.
Note and itinerary info:
- Difficulty: Easy
- Road types: Asphalt roads, cycle paths
- Length: about 15 km
- Duration of the tour: Half-day
- Meeting point: 9:30 am in Gattaiola at the Fratelli Urbani’s Farm
- Helmet rental
- Lunch/tasting pic-nic in the farmhouse (drinks included)
- Expert hiking guide
- E-bike (it is possible to add the e-bike as an extra at checkout)
- Drinks outside of meals
- Extras along the route at guests' discretion
Anything not mentioned in the "Prices include" section.
- Meeting in Gattaiola at Fratelli Urbani Agricultural Society, short briefing and departure to the "Pieve di Sant’Andrea Apostolo"
- We will head towards Meati along the Ozzeri river and the greenery that surrounds it and we will visit the parish church of "San Michele Arcangelo" externally.
- We will reach Guamo and walk a stretch of the itinerary alongside the majestic Nottolini aqueduct and then return to the starting point at the "Fratelli Urbani's farm" in Gattaiola
- We will visit the cellar and after a guided tour we will proceed to the tasting between the rows (in case of bad weather we will have it under the large gazebo)
and no-show policies
Up to 3 days before the event, a 50% refund will be given for opening costs. After this deadline, there is no refund. In case of cancellation of the event by the organiser, a refund will be issued.
Montepisano DMC reserves the right to cancel the activity even a few days before the start of the event for reasons of force majeure, giving prompt notice to customers and refunding everything already paid without any charge or deduction.