Trekking through the hidden valley
The Acquerino Cantagallo nature reserve
Beautiful hiking loop to discover the Aquerino-Cantagallo Nature Reserve. From the visitor's center we will enter through wooded paths in the heart of the forest reserve, we will admire centuries-old chestnut trees with bizarre shapes and some stone cannicciaie symbolizing the hard work that man has undertaken in these woods.
We will climb the steep flanks of Mount Bucciana to take us to higher altitudes among the immense woods and striking views of Pian della Rasa. From Passo del Treppio we will follow a beautiful path that in marked descent among majestic beech trees and peculiar rock formations will lead us back to the charming village of Cantagallo, center of the Hidden Valleys.
A short descent from the ridge will take us to a monumental Chestnut Grove, where we will be able to observe specimens hundreds of years old, with bizarrely carved bark that suggest fairy-tale atmospheres.
The tour will take place on Sunday, July 2, starting at 9:00 am.
- Length: 13 kilometers
- Difficulty: hiking
- Height difference: 650 meters positive
- Trail type: double loop, historical, scenic interests between nature and culture
- Dogs allowed: yes, to be communicated at the time of booking to verify the achievement of the maximum number recommended for the hike
- What to bring: packed lunch, snacks, water 1 liter each, packed lunch, hiking or trail shoes mandatory, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), trekking poles (optional), backpack, battery charger
- Assistance of legally licensed environmental hiking guide under L.R. 86/2016 with liability policy
Anything not included under "Prices include" section
and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the hike to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the hike in case of bad weather and/or alertness
The hike will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 25