A cypress-lined boulevard leads up to the facade of Villa Poggio Reale where Leopoldo II stayed in 1829. The villa is a model of 16th Florentine country architecture, located in an elevated position.
A coat of arms in the main salon is witness to the first owners, the Mormorai di Majano. The villa was renovated throughout the 1600s in convert the building from a noble residence into a location for events.
At the end of the 1980s the wine makers Chianti Spalletti ceded the villa to the City of Rufina and today the villa provides spaces for the Museum of Vines and Wine.