Scopeto was first mentioned in a document dated 1079. Later, the Sozzini family transformed the fortified settlement into a sumptuous villa. During the XVI century, Scopeto became an important centre for theological conferences centered around themes like the Reformation. During a visit to the little village, guests will appreciate several buildings such as the villa, its characteristic tower whose ‘shoe-shaped’ foundations date back to 1543 and the exquisite San Bartolomeo chapel.
The vast territory is close to the evocative Crete Senesi
Castelnuovo Berardenga is at an altitude of 351m and has a population of approximately 7000 inhabitants. The town takes its name from Count Berardo, a descendant of the Count of Siena Guinigi who governed over the city during the second half of the IX century. His family moved to the country when they lost control of Siena. ...Morekeyboard_backspace