The convent of Bosco ai Frati, which dates back to the 12th century, was passed onto the Franciscans in 1212. It was rebuilt in the first half of the 1400s by Michelozzo upon the order of Cosimo Il Vecchio dei Medici, who owned the nearby castles of Cafaggiolo and Trebbio.The small museum was inaugurated in the 1970s when a room in the convent was selected to protect the convent’s most precious objects from theft and looting. All of the works on display hail form the convent and monastery of Bosco ai Frati. In 1973, Father G. Sabatelli left many precious objects that were in his person possession to the museum.
Opening hours: Saturdays from 10am-12pm.
Price: Free entrance, donations welcome.
Accessible to the disabled.
Via di Lucigliano 1
Bosco ai Frati
SAN PIERO A SIEVE (FIRENZE)
San Piero a Sieve
The ancient village of San Piero a Sieve was developed around the ancient parish of St. Peter from the XI century
This town’s most splendorous period corresponds to the Medici domination of this terrain: in fact, the construction of the stupendous villas that are to be found scattered throughout the Mugello territory, are owed to this family. ...Morekeyboard_backspace
You might also be interested in