La Fattoria del Pozzo
location_cityArchitecture

The Pozzo Farm Estate

The estate and the farm of Pozzo

Valdichiana
The Pozzo Farm Estate belonged to Santo Stefano Knight’s Order. It was instituted in 1802 and took over some of the lands belonging to the Font’a Ronco Estate Farm. This land was considered a transfer state because it was distant from centralized establishments and separate from the Cesa Estate belonging to the bishop of Arezzo. Since the farm lacked the necessary buildings, the construction of farmhouses and agricultural annexes began immediately.

The functional area of the farm, mostly obtained by reclaiming the marshlands, consisted of 512.33 hectares in the “colmata” (engineered alluvial plain) phase. These grounds, which were distributed in 16 smallholdings, were arranged on the left side of the Chiana Master Canal, along the road connecting Arezzo to Foiano.

The estate mansion is located near the intersection towards Castiglione Fiorentino. Comparing its current state with early 19th-century drawings by Jacopo Gugliantini, it is evident that although the interior underwent considerable restoration, the external facades have maintained their original architectural features.