The Marino Marini Documentation Centre was opened in 1979 in the rooms of Pistoia’s Town Hall. It was transferred in 1990 to an old building complex which had been home to the Ordine Ospedaliero di Sant’Antonio in the fourteenth century. It used to be called the ‘Convento del Tau’ because of the T varnished onto the tunics and robes of the religious men. The building is large enough to house the entire collection of graphic art by Marini which is made up of around three hundred and fifty pieces. The collection includes water colours and etchings, some of which are on display and some of which are available for temporary exhibitions. This form of art was consistently produced by Marino and the choice of works of art is dictated by a desire to reflect the dynamism and evolution of this artistic activity over the years, from his first water colours completed around the time of the Accademia Fiorentina (1919 – 1923), up to his final etchings finished between 1979 and 1980 when he died. Marino’s work unfolds before the visitors’ eyes in a series of images that go from the artist’s first intuitive sketches which transform themselves with progressive coherency into the more typical images of his repertory: acrobats, dancers, theatre and circus performers, horses and horse riders.