Frassineto Farm Estate
location_cityArchitecture

The Frassineto Farm Estate

Slightly elevated from the surrounding plains, the Frassineto Farm Estate is located near the residential center of Frassineto, in the municipality of Arezzo

Strada Vicinale Del Duca, 14
The estate develops along the right side of the Chiana Master Canal and extends from the Bridges of Arezzo to the Cesa Bridge; the only exception being the Marchesi Capponi property. The Frassineto Estate Farm was part of the Royal Possession until the suppression of the Grand Duke of Tuscany in 1864.

At the end of the 16th century, the central area of the farm was already documented with having five smallholdings on the San Anastasio Plain. In 1808 the entire surface area of the farm was 592,44 hectares, organized in 25 smallholdings. In the years of the Grand Duke, the estate mansion, granary, a church with rectory and farmhouses were at the centre of the estate. In 1867 the estate was demolished and rebuilt as it is today. It has very diverse architectural features and a smaller size, being comprised of an old chapel, a rectory and a farmhouse.


Cover image credit: Tenuta di Frassineto

Castiglion Fiorentino
Famous for the Church of St. Francis, the Picture-Gallery and the Palazzo
The town of Castiglion Fiorentino is in the province of Arezzo, at a height of 342m above sea level, and has a population of approximately 12,000 inhabitants. The territory of Castiglion Fiorentino was frequented and inhabited in very remote ages, but an important, permanent settlement was developed in the Etruscan period, between the V and the IV centuries BC. ...
Morekeyboard_backspace