The collection is housed in Palazzo Roffia, also the premises of the Misericordia. The building was erected in the mid-1500s by the architect Baccio d'Agnolo, and its facade is designed in a late Renaissance style. The collection documents the history of the institution, which has been dedicated to giving aid to the ill. The collection was assembled over the centuries and is composed of various types of artworks, sacred paraments and objects that are linked to the activities of the confraternity.Among the noteworthy works on display are a large group of 13th- century wood sculptures from the S.S. Trinità Monastery. Other important works include a painting of the “Coronation of the Virgin Mary” from the Santa Maria del Fortino, made by Maestro Johnson from 1476 to 1480, and a canvas depicting Saints George, John, Cecilia and Joseph, made by Vincenzo Dandini (1609-1675).
Contact: San Miniato Municipality