Places of worship
First documented in 1251 and enlarged between the 15th and 16th centuries, it was destroyed in 1846 by a devastating earthquake and immediately rebuilt. Today the building has a simple Neo-Classical façade divided by three blind arches with portals. The interior is divided into a nave and two side aisles.
At the end of the right-hand aisle is a fine painted terracotta relief representing the venerated image of the Madonna del Soccorso (Our Lady of Succour). On the opposite side is the polychrome marble Altar of the Crucifix, dating from the 18th century. The Chapel of the Rosary preserves an 18th-century Our Lady of the Rosary, executed by an artist of the Pisan school. The first bay of the left-hand aisle contains an 18th-century painting portraying St. Lawrence, attributed to the Pisan artist Luigi Secchi.
its rolling hills have inspired painters and writers
For lovers of Tuscany’s unmistakable countryside, made of rolling hills that transform in colour as the seasons change, Fauglia is like a painting gallery of idealistic images. A small town with a rural history, it’s the perfect place to relax far from the city, surrounded by wheat fields and hay bales. ...Morekeyboard_backspace