First constructed in the Romanesque period, the Church of Saints Giuso and Clement shows signs of extensive interventions over the centuries which have significantly altered its appearance.
The church was built under the patronage of the Vinaccesi, a Pratese family that belonged to the Ghibelline political party, and whose coat-of-arms can be seen both on the façade of the church and on the holy water font in the interior.
The bell tower conserves its medieval form, though the interior of the church shows interventions from the 15th century and later. For example, the painted wood crucifix is from the 1700s, and both the apse and the altar date from the 20th century. One of the paintings in the church, a Madonna and Child, to Michele delle Colombe (1573-1591.)
Source: Prato APT