It is located in the center of the town, just right of the Carrione and in front of the Sirena Fountain (made in the 16th century). Of the churches in the area, the ‘weeping church’ is one of the best examples of 17th century ecclesiastical architecture. The church was given its name because of the painting that was transferred there in 1651 from Lugnola. It was painted by Domenico Utens, son of the Flemish painter Giusto Utens. The façade of the church features a linear portico, and inside there is a main altar and two lateral altars in white marble. The church was built by the Confraternita della Rosa in 1650, and it is connected to the nearby Palazzo Manzoni.