The Imperial Giraffe Contrada Museum (Museo Imperiale della Giraffa) is housed in the underground rooms of the Santa Maria in Provenzano basilica. This holy building was built between 1594 and 1604. The oratory has been owned by the contrada’s since 1824, although in the past it belonged to the Compagnia del Suffragio.The museum is home to all of the Palio trophies won by the Imperial Giraffe Contrada over the years, including the triptych representing the Kingdom, the Empire and the Republic. It is thanks to this that the Giraffe Contrada is known as Regal, Imperial and Republican.
Via delle Vergini 18
Telephone 0577 287091