The ruins of the San Salvatore Monastery in the town of Giungano are located in the valley of the river Bai, which is situated between Roccastrada and Monemassi. The ruins are on top of a trichite rock formation. The historical events that marked the evolution of this important religious community are relatively unknown today. The first document to speak of the Benedictine monastery is dated 1075.
(Article by Comunità Montana Colline Metallifere)