The origins of the town of San Felice, in the municipality of Castelnuovo Berdardenga, date to the early Middle Ages: there is documentation that attests to the existence of a parish church in 714, in reference to conflicts between Arezzo and Siena over the land, while in the early 19th century, the town was enriched with new houses.
Amongst the more important buildings, there is the Chapel of the Madonna del Libro and the Parish Church of San Felice. The chapel, found in the main piazza, was built in 1899 in the neo-Gothic style and based on a design by Bettino Marchetti. The Parish Church of San Felice, on the other hand, is the very church mentioned in the 8th century, though it has undergone changes: what we see today dates to renovations in the 1920s and ‘30s, during which the Romanesque appearance was restored. On the outside, the façade is built in pietra albarese and a lunette sits above the portal. Inside, the single nave conserves a frescoed vault with medieval-style decorations, a wooden St. Anthony of Padua by Domenico Cafaggi and a Our Lady of the Rosary from the early 17th century.