This was the Castle of the Lords of Bacciano. The earliest documents on the bridge, which definitely collapsed at the beginning of the 17th century, date back to 1345.
A small arch and a pier with cutwaters are all that remains of the bridge. It was built in carefully squared ashlars, whose excellent execution testifies to the crucial importance of the bridge when it was constructed.
The Lords of Bacciano, who ruled over the castle and the bridge, belonged to a small local feudal family tracing back to 1065.
Near the bridge there is an amazing upward view of the large railway bridge of Villetta.