Skip to content

Oratorio di San Filippino

Historical Buildings

Built in 1674, the Oratorio is gracefully decorated with 18-century stucco work

Now unfortunately in very poor condition, it was built in 1674 and consists of a rectangular hall followed by a small apse introduced by an archway. A chancel can be seen in the counter façade and the entire interior is gracefully decorated with 18th-century stucco work. The high altar is made of sandstone and, like the walls, originally housed paintings. Adjacent to the church are some rooms on several floors that were used by the Filipino friars.

More attractions in Castiglion Fiorentino