Via Follonica, 31, 53100 Siena SI, Italia
The Museum of the Contrada of the Leocorno in Siena is the historical centre of the contrada’s activities and is significantly connected to its oratory, the Church of San Giovannino della Staffa.
The building originates from the 16th century and its construction is attributed to Giovan Battista Pelori. Its current appearance is the result of various interventions since the 1600s. The church conserves important works of art such as the painting attributed to Francesco di Vannuccio portraying the Madonna della Pace, from the late 14th century, a terracotta polychrome statue of St John the Baptist accredited to Giacomo Cozzarelli and various painting by Sienese artists from the 17th century (Rutilio and Domenico Manetti, Vanni, Mei, Petrazzi, Montorselli, Burbarini).
Among the Palio banners won by the contrada, several belong to artists from Siena (Pantini, 1919 done in the Liberty style, Marzi, 1954 and Vanni, 1983) and other artists of national renown, Possenti in 1980 and Nespolo in 2007.