The Museum of Fucecchio, found inside the stately home of Palazzo Corsini, houses a vast collection of works of art divided into three sections – archaeological, historic-artistic and nature – which tell the stories the area between Cerbaie, the lower Valdinievole and the Valdarno, from the ancient civilizations to the Middle Ages up until the contemporary era.
The archaeological section tells the stories of settlers in Fucecchio and the neighbouring areas through artefacts dating back to the early Palaeolithic era and the 18th century, collected through archaeological research and digs.
In the section dedicated to sacred art you can also admire some significant paintings coming from the nearby collegiate church, such as Madonna and Child with Saints by the Master of Fuceccio (around 1440-1450), Madonna and Child by Zanobi Machiavelli (1460-1465), the Nativity with Saints by the Master of the Kress Landscapes (1523) and the lunette depicting Blessing Eternal Father by Santi di Tito (1580-1590). Among the later paintings there is a Saint Aloysius de Gonzaga in Glory by Giovan Domenico Ferretti (1755).
The museum also has an exhibition from the Adolfo Lensi ornithological collection, with around 300 specimens collected between the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, including the typical avifauna of the Fucecchio Marsh.