The first mention of Dievole dates back to 1090 and is about the rent of some of the Sant’Eugenio a Pulisciano Monastery properties. Around the middle of the 13th century it was a Sienese village. At the end of the 17th century there is a mention about a Malavolti family farm, who since the early 14th owned possessions around Dievole. In 1825 the settlement is mentioned as having a farmhouse and a court, a garden, an oil-press, a granary, a church and more. In the central part of the place there is a villa, which took the current aspect after a big restoration occurred in 19th century on pre-existent 16th century structures.