Castagneto Carducci
Places of worship

Centre for the Conservation of Religious Ornaments and Clothing

An exhibit of religious objects in Castagneto Carducci

Castagneto Carducci

The centre is located in the Chapel of the Madonna delle Rose, which was once the headquarters of the Confraterinty del Carmine, until the order was closed down in 1785. The chapel was bought bby the Milanta family and then sold to the Misericordia in 1884. The chapel was redecorated in a neo-gothic style in the first decades of the 1900s.

The exhibit includes liturgical ornaments and other sacred objects from the collection of the Misericordia, the Gherardesca family, and other local churches. The exhibitions change regularly in connection with the triennial celebrations in honour of the Santissimo Crocifisso. Didactic panels help to explain the ways in which the objects are used in services.

The vestments belonging to the Gherardesca family are particularly interesting, as is the devotional statue of the Baby Jesus made out of wax and wearing an embroidered cloth from the 1700s and the Baroque reliquary bust of the Saint Bartholomew in silver laminate.

Opening hours:

October-May: Sundays, 3pm-6pm
June 15-September 15: Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30am-12:30pm and 4pm-7pm

 Free entrance with a donation. Accessible.

Contacts:
Chiesa della Madonna del Carmine
Via Bolgherese
CASTAGNETO CARDUCCI (LIVORNO)
Ph: +39 0565 763752
Email: misericordiacastagneto@simail.it

Castagneto Carducci
Famed for its wooden crcifix, gentle rolling hills wine route and beaches
This splendid area of Tuscany, located in the heart of the Costa degli Etruschi, constantly receives recognition both at home and abroad for its extraordinary beauty. History lives on in the medieval villages, while holiday farms, hotels and campsites offer a warm, friendly welcome. A wildlife oasis of exceptional naturalistic importance is located in Bolgheri. ...
Morekeyboard_backspace