Art and wine: a perfect combination.
The Nobile from Montepulciano is one of the outstanding traditional Tuscan wines. Sangiovese, here called prugnolo gentile, combines with canaiolo nero, to produce a masterpiece. During the tour we will visit some cellars, taste amazing wines, and indulge in both Renaissance and contemporary art.
Here is the schedule of our day trip (9am-6:30pm):
- 9am Departure from the client location in Florence (or within 20km from the city) by private minivan and English speaking guide-driver
- 11am Guided visit to the winery Icario by Valle Progettazione and arch. Guido Ciompi: wine tasting and guided visit to the Contemporary Art project Icario Arte
- 12:30pm Short guided visit to the village of Montepulciano
- 1am Lunch at Osteria del Conte in Montepulciano
- 2:30pm Guided visit to the S. Biagio Abbey
- 3:30pm Guided visit to the winery Tenimenti d’Alessandro and the Contemporary Art project at Borgo Syrah
- 6:30pm Back to your location in Florence
The Tuscan landscape is considered among the most beautiful in the world. Now you can admire it, taste the best wine produced in the area, visit medieval villages and eat Tuscan specialties... all together!